This NelsonHall vendor assessment analyzes NIIT Tech's offerings and capabilities in Digital Transformation Services.
Who is this Report for:
NelsonHall’s Digital Transformation Services Vendor Assessment for NIIT Tech is a comprehensive assessment of NIIT Tech’s digital transformation services offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for digital transformation services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the digital transformation sector.
Scope of this Report:
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of NIIT Tech’s digital transformation service offerings, capabilities and market and financial strength, including:
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components
- Revenue estimates
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy and examples of current contracts
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook.
Key Findings & Highlights:
Noida, India headquartered NIIT Technologies (NIIT Tech) was founded to provide software and IT services. Initially part of NIIT, the largest IT training company in India, in 2004 NIIT Tech was spun off as an independent public company, to pursue the IT services industry.
NIIT Tech services clients in travel and transportation, banking and financial services, insurance, manufacturing, and media verticals, offering services including application development and maintenance, infrastructure management, and business process management.
NIIT Tech has supported clients’ digital transformation journeys since the early 2000s, but Digital Services was formed as a horizontal unit in 2015.
In May 2015, NIIT Tech took a 51% stake in Hyderabad based Incessant Technologies, acquiring 300 FTEs and 20 clients. The acquisition was intended to grow NIIT Tech's digital capabilities, as Incessant provides digital integration and business process management capabilities.
NIIT Tech's digital transformation services have four key dimensions:
- Digital experience: NIIT Tech’s largest digital portfolio focuses on shaping user experiences across a breadth of technologies and channels including websites, mobile apps, cloud apps, social media, wearables, and IoT
- Digital analytics: includes business intelligence and data warehousing, in addition to predictive and actionable analytics
- Digital integration: includes process digitization, microservices, and API management, as well as legacy integration and refactoring
- Vertical digital solutions: includes solutions targeted at key verticals such as travel and transport, financial services, and insurance across experience, analytics and integration.
NIIT Tech has ~9.4k FTEs. Of this headcount, ~65% (~6kFTEs) is focused on application development and maintenance activities, which supports digital implementation engagements. 80% of these application and development resources are located in India.
NIIT Tech uses ten delivery centers to deliver digital transformation services. It has built a UX center of excellence in Atlanta which it uses to conduct collaborative design sessions with its clients.
Table of contents:
Table of contents:
- Revenue Summary
- Key Offerings
- Digital Experience
- Digital Analytics
- Digital Integration
- Vertical Digital Solutions
- Delivery Capability and Partnerships
- Delivery Centers
- Target Markets
- Travel and Transport
- Design studios, labs, partnerships
- Digital solutions
- Grow Local Digital Consulting Capabilities
- Acquire to Support Incessant Capabilities
- Strengths and Challenges