DEBUG: PAGE=domain, TITLE=View all Vendors,ID=1466,TEMPLATE=vendors
toggle expanded view
VENDOR = TestingXperts
VENDORparam = testingxperts
Title = NelsonHall research on: TestingXperts
Description = Browse all NelsonHall's research related to TestingXperts on the global BPS market.

Search within reports for: TestingXperts

Quality Engineering/Software Testing: Continuous Testing and AI

Market Analysis

by Dominique Raviart

published on Feb 03, 2022

Access to this report is restricted to logged in clients with access. Login to get full access

Report Overview:

NelsonHall’s market analysis of the quality engineering (QE)/software testing services market consists of 66 pages. 

Who is this Report for:

NelsonHall’s “Quality Engineering: Continuous Testing and AI” report is a comprehensive market assessment report designed for:

  • Sourcing managers investigating sourcing developments within software testing services/Quality Assurance/Quality Engineering
  • Vendor marketing, sales, and business managers developing strategies to target testing services/QE opportunities
  • Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IT services sector.

Scope of this Report:

This report examines high-potential testing services offerings, including accepted ones (e.g., continuous testing) with still room for growth, and emerging areas (e.g., infrastructure-as-code).

The quality engineering (QE) offerings covered are:

  • Continuous testing
  • Application migration to the cloud testing
  • Infrastructure as code (IAC) testing
  • Model-based testing
  • AI-based analytics for more focused testing
  • AI-based automation, usually for automating the creation and maintenance of test cases/scripts
  • Testing of RPA bots
  • Testing of chat- and voice-bots
  • Testing of AI models
  • Explainable AI
  • UX testing across usability, compatibility, accessibility, and content testing
  • Application security testing.

It addresses the following questions:

  • What is the current and future market for QE/software testing services?
  • What are the client segments for software testing services, and their characteristics? What are the drivers, benefits, and inhibitors for each segment?
  • What is the size and growth of the software testing services markets by client segment, geography, service line, activity and sector?
  • How did spending grow in 2021and how will it increase in 2022 and onward?
  • How is the market organized? Who are the main vendors? How can they be assessed and compared? What are vendor challenges and critical success factors by market segment?
  • Has continuous testing reached maturity or is there still room for innovation?
  • What offerings have high potential?
  • How is AI shaping the testing market for bringing test automation and also testing cognitive technologies such as AI models, RPA/business process automation, and virtual assistants
  • What is the maturity of application security testing?

Key Findings & Highlights:

NelsonHall’s market analysis of the quality engineering (QE)/software testing services market consists of 66 pages. The report provides an in-depth understanding of the dynamics at play in QE, and looks specifically at continuous testing, cognitive and QA, UX testing, model-based testing, and cloud testing.

The current global software testing services market size stands at ~$36bn. NelsonHall expects a rebound in 2021 (+4%), led by a catch-up, after a moderate deceleration in 2020 (+2.5%) in testing services spending. This 2020 deceleration was much softer than expected with clients pushing external testing expenses, cloud, and digital projects. Growth in 2022 will slow down somewhat to +3%, impacted by the end of the catch-up effect. Spending will reach $38bn in 2024, representing a +4% CAGR 2020-2025.

The market remains structured around BFSI, which represents ~41% of testing service spending (and 45% including U.S. healthcare payers). The sector, with its large custom applications and regular updates, fits well the traditional multi-year contract model.

Functional testing (including manual activities, automation, COTS, and digital testing) represents ~84% of spending. Specialized services account for the remaining 16%, with non-functional representing 9%.

Login to get full access: