John is CEO of NelsonHall, the leading Outsourcing Research and Analysis firm, and is widely regarded as one of the world's leading authorities on Business Process Services (BPS).
John remains actively involved in customer assignments and assists both buy-side and vendor organizations in assessing opportunities and success factors in the application of BPS. In particular, John works on assignments to:
- Assist buy-side organizations in establishing outsourcing viability and vendor delivery maturity in support of various BPS undertakings
- Assist outsourcing vendors to develop and refine their go-to-market strategies.
John is a leading voice on the theme of automation in BPS, including robotics process automation (RPA), analytics, and BPaaS. He presents extensively at major outsourcing and business conferences around the world, and is a regular contributor to outsourcing and business publications. In addition, John:
- Presents NelsonHall's quarterly 'BPS Index' webcast, monitoring developments in the BPS marketplace worldwide
- Oversees NelsonHall's BPS Market Development program, which includes extensive BPS opportunity reports by industry sector, based on buy-side research. Sectors covered include banking, insurance, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, energy & utilities, retail and high-tech, and telecoms & media.
John founded NelsonHall in October 1998 after gaining extensive experience in the IT services industry across buy-side, vendor, and research communities.
John holds a MA from Cambridge University, U.K., and a MBA from Manchester Business School. John lives in the U.K. When not working, John enjoys almost any activity that gets him into the fresh air away from the house and office.
Contact John Willmott
Only NelsonHall clients have access to our analysts and advisors for their expert advice and opinion. To find out more about how NelsonHall's analysts and sourcing advisors can assist you with your strategy and engagements, please contact our sales department here.
Reports by John Willmott:
Mar 20, 2017 | Vendor Analysis by John WillmottRPA and AI services lie within the Enterprise Operations Transformation unit within Wipro BPS, which is targeted with introducing technology enablement into Wipro's BPS services. [...]view this reportdownload abstract
Feb 17, 2017 | Vendor Analysis by John WillmottCapgemini has been active in RPA for ~3-years, initially applying UiPath RPA in support of its finance & accounting BPS client base and deploying NICE on a major scale in the U.K. public sector. In parallel, IGATE, now acquired by Capgemini had been active in applying RPA, typically based on Blue Prism, principally in the banking and insurance [...]view this reportdownload abstract
Feb 17, 2017 | Vendor Analysis by John WillmottHCL Technologies revenues in FY 2016 ending March 2016 were US$6,235m and the company had a headcount of ~104,896 personnel. HCL's Business Process Services (BPS) accounted for ~5.3% of HCL Technologies revenues. HCL began its autonomics program in 2011, expanding this into RPA and AI in 2013. Since then HCL has developed enhanced tools for [...]view this reportdownload abstract
Feb 17, 2017 | Vendor Analysis by John WillmottLarsen & Toubro (L&T) Infotech is an India-headquartered IT services vendor with a presence in 22 countries. L&T Infotech's revenues for three quarters of FY16-17 as on December 2016 were US$709.8m, with currently around 69% of the company's revenue derived from North America and 47% from the BFSI sector. The company position [...]view this reportdownload abstract
Feb 17, 2017 | Vendor Analysis by John WillmottNIIT Technologies focuses on the travel & transportation, insurance, banking & financial services, and media sectors and aims to bring domain-specific process knowledge to its RPA engagements and to assist organizations, where applicable, in taking a transformational approach to their processes. Many of the company's RPA implementati [...]view this reportdownload abstract
Latest tweets by John Willmott:Follow @John Willmott
Latest tweets from our analysts:
- Grow market share and enhance brand value #ARCHAT #NelsonHall #IIAR https://t.co/RUm7UTM6TS
- Reimagine the data-to-insight-to-action arc of the analyst profession #Digital #ARchat #NelsonHall #IIAR https://t.co/PeOcgjqhTb
- Enlist the “best-of-the-best” guidance….#ARCHAT #NelsonHall #IIAR https://t.co/1xBI1xfYpl
- Help major corporations separate fact from fiction in #RPA and #AI #ARchat #NelsonHall #IIAR https://t.co/cVatl9h8R9
- @John_NH Apr 26, 2017Explore how your peers maximize value from #NelsonHall “Getting the Message Out in a Post-Truth World” #ARchat Thur… https://t.co/RHm6OTNqVf
Latest blog posts by John Willmott:
Wipro & Automation Anywhere: Extending Beyond Rule-Based RPA into New Digital Business Process ModelsMar 13, 2017, by John Willmott
RPA Operating Model Guidelines, Part 3: From Pilot to Production & Beyond – The Keys to Successful RPA DeploymentNov 09, 2016, by John Willmott
Nov 08, 2016, by John Willmott
Commented Tracking service articles:
Dec 17, 2015 | Mergers and Acquisitions by John Willmott
Jun 11, 2015 | Contracts by John Willmott
May 27, 2015 | Contracts by John Willmott
May 12, 2015 | Contracts by John Willmott
May 12, 2015 | Contracts by John Willmott